Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Decision made~!

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner crisisdreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2002
    Posts
    382
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    For those of you who read the message board, you'll have the benefit of finding out ahead of time that Sakura and I have decided to keep zips and trash the online page-by-page viewing.
    *dodges various things being thrown at her*

    I know that some people won't be happy, but this is definitely going to better in the long run. We have a nice list of reasons why zips are better that we'll be posting up sometime soon, and right now, we're in the process of zipping everything and making new layouts for manga pages. ^^

    We'll also be giving full instructions on how to use winzip and links to programs that help you view manga in zip format. (If anyone can suggest good free downloadable programs, let us know!)

    And....best of all? For us, this means no more tedious writing of page numbers (101, 102, 103...*gasp* WHAT?! 50 more to go?!). For you, this means no more broken page links (Crisis is famous for this), faster server, and more available space for us to give you more manga. Awww...

    I'm going to try going higher res. for one trial run anyways, just to see if people like it better. (It will definitely look prettier. ^^) I'll do that with Pet Shop of Horror #1, which I am *actually* working on now. Woohoo!

    - Crisis

  2. #2
    Inactive Member rev.tsukiyama's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2002
    Posts
    273
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sounds good to me. Wouldnt complain anyway, this is the best scanlation site around I'm sure you know what's best. (And I cant wait to get a look at PSoH)

  3. #3
    Inactive Member sakurayuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 11th, 2002
    Posts
    35
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ^0^ yup!! even though i was adamant in keeping online stuff at first, we both decided it was best to host zips. However, there will be some manga that will keep online viewing, such as [Sensei] and soon-to-come [Ami Nonstop!!] (currently being scanlated by Shiroyama). =) It's up to the scanlator, but it's either one or the other from now on. =))

    yours,
    sakuraaaaa

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Marsell's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2002
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    Higher resolution: yay!

    For the scans, I suppose one possibility is to put all new releases as both zips and online reading, and then later remove the online scans.

    Of course, that means Sakura & Crisis will still need to edit all those html files. Hahaha. [img]wink.gif[/img]

    OTOH, you're on the Bronze plan? If so, you have access to perl. I could throw together a perl script that would automate making such new pages. Repetitively hand-editing html is a bore...

  5. #5
    Inactive Member tenjou_sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Higher resolution is always great ^_^ Glad to hear you're working on PSoH! It sounds so interesting... [img]biggrin.gif[/img] I'm happy that most everything will be zipped.

    I didn't know there were programs that let you view manga in zip format [img]confused.gif[/img] I usually just unzipped the files and viewed them in Paint Shop Pro. [img]cool.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Marsell's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2002
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    Acdsee is a payware image viewer that can open zips in newer versions. Many people swear by this program.

    Irfanview is a decent freeware image viewer. AFAIK it cannot open zips though. Many people swear by this program too.

    My personal opinion is that older versions (~2.3) of acdsee are the best (newer not), but you can't beat free. Irfanview is also rather good at batch processing.

  7. #7
    HB Forum Owner crisisdreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2002
    Posts
    382
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Marsell, that's a really clever suggestion actually. Putting things up both ways and then deleting online scans later to free up space is good. And...seeing as I know nothing about Perl...would it be all right if you could do what you were offering? (automated page numbering) [img]smile.gif[/img] That would be really helpful!

    (And yes, I'm getting kafka updated with your changes. [img]wink.gif[/img] )

    - Crisis

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Marsell's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2002
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    No problem. I have two questions:

    1) Do you have access to a shell on your account?
    2) Anything else to support other than numbering (ie: images in background, etc)?

    Expect a few days though because my computer is currently undergoing... uh... growing pains. It'll take a while to sort out. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member NovaStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2002
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Aw darn... *pouts* I always read scanlations (also YAOI ones XD) In school- where I can't download, but CAN view them ^^;; **** . Ah well.. gonna do homework instead...?

  10. #10
    HB Forum Owner crisisdreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2002
    Posts
    382
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hmm...well, since the new updates will be put up on online viewing as well as zips (with the online viewing deleted later on), you could still read the new updates in school!
    Or do your homework.... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    Marsell:

    1) .......... (?)
    2) No images. Text is just fine, and of course I can wait! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •